Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stuff

We haven't done anything major but lots of little things.
We made our reservations for the next two years, we're staying here until Feb. 11th both years.
I've finished two quilt tops and two knitting projects.
Bob finished a stained glass window hanging.

I've been going to the weekly 'sit and stitch' and am slowly getting to know people.  I'm also learning about things to see. 

I also went to the ladies luncheon. (they go to a diff. restaurant every 2 weeks)  There were about 20 women when I went and that was a smaller group then normal.  I rode with a lady a few campsites away from us.  She and her husband are also retired teachers.  On the way back we stopped by a roadside pond and saw two wood storks.  They haven't been there when Bob and I stop.

We went to the art guild showing the other day.  It's located in the Goodyear Cottage in the historic area.  The January showings were two different artists.  There were wood carvings, mostly of birds, and very realistic.  The other artist and taken pictures around the area and printed them on canvas, really nice. They have a small gift shop with lots a different things.  (Anna could sell some of her pottery and crocheted hats there).

Here is a bit of advice I learned at the sit and stitch: When looking for a restaurant look for Buicks in the parking lot.  One of the ladies children said older people drive buicks and they like good food for a reasonable price.

No comments: