Saturday, July 18, 2009

Home

OK- It was my fault.

We were on 81, everything was fine, we were almost to Wilkes Barre,PA (where you get on the PA Turnpike to bypass Scranton) and I started thinking - just thinking, nothing outloud- about how I could say on here that construction on the northbound lane of 81 wasn't bad- when all of a sudden both lanes of traffic stopped! It took almost 15 minutes to go just over 3 miles to our exit! Then when we got off the Turnpike we again hit construction. We then joined the rest of the travelers at the rest area to share stories as we waited in line at the rest rooms (Bob even had to wait!!)
Those stops do give us a chance to talk to other people- the lady behind me had on a cute t-shirt "Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth" - she was going to visit her mother-in-law!

We're home safely and know that there are lots of people who will be employed for a couple of years on all the road construction.

No comments: