Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday, 2-8-08


2-8-08

We did a little exploring in the car today. Mostly it was an adventure in driving. By the 4th road to the beach we knew it was coming and got in the left lane. We found the road to the public park (after going into a private development) parked and walked to the beach. It was beautiful and we’ll make more beach time tomorrow. We left the beach and got back on the main road. The plan was to see a historical site and then go to the grocery store for a couple items. We knew the grocery store was on the left but we didn’t know where. Turn left lanes are totally separate from the rest of the road so there’s no changing your mind. After 2 or 3 wrong turns which included finding a place to turn around and then getting back across 4 lanes of traffic. Once we had to turn right and then do a u-turn at the light (go backwards to go forwards) Eventually we found the grocery store. I thought I told Bob to turn on the road that would come out at a light- no we missed it so again we went back to a light where we could do a u-turn . We are back at the campground and the groceries are put away. I’m sitting outside watching the herons fish in low tide. I don’t think I can talk Bob into exploring any more today (I can’t imagine what the traffic must be like in the summer). So in a little while I think I’ll go explore the exercise room and hot tub. Retirement is better than we ever dreamed.

No comments: