Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 3 with Anna and Lucy



I think we need to name this trip Kathy’s mistake(s).

I messed up directions everyday including today. We got to Seneca Falls from the campground but…. We got in (again) a turn only lane and had to turn a block to soon.
I figured we’d just run into 5 & 20 in a block or so. DIDN’T HAPPEN! So we did another up over and down and ended up in Waterloo like we were supposed to.

Until now all my mistakes had been directional, this time we drove (And Anna and Lucy from the other direction) all the way to south of Penn Yan to the Windmill Farm Market and Craft Fair – it’s only open Saturdays. Anna and Lucy met us there and we then went back up the road to the tourist’s information. I explained what I did and asked for alternatives- he gave us several. (Now we need to go back so we can do all the things he mentioned) We went to lunch and then did an hour and a half boat ride on the ‘Esperanza Rose’ around Keuka Lake. As we stood in line for tickets we noticed that Bob and I were going to skew the age range (we ran into the tour from the Seneca County Office of the Aging), not to mention what Anna and Lucy would do to it. It was very relaxing and it was Lucy’s first boat ride. She, of course, charmed everyone. Hopefully she napped all the way home because she entertained everyone from lunch to the cruise (I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a happy baby).

We made it back to the campground with no problems. Kathy didn’t really have to go into the trunk>

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

I'm glad you didn't chop Mom up to fit her in the trunk! Lucy did sleep the whole way home, thank God!