Friday, September 14, 2007

A Lighthouse, Trials and tribulations!!



New Point, Virginia was great! We were right on the beach- mini dunes and mini waves (after the Pre- Gabrielle surf on the Outer Banks). We spent a couple of days sitting on the beach, watching the water and boats and reading. We saw the New Point Comfort lighthouse. Then the last day things started going downhill as Bob will explain:

While in Virginia we discovered that the gray water (sinks and shower, not toilet - that is black water) valve would not open so I could dump the holding tank. I made contact with JAYCO and made arrangements to stop at a dealer just over the Virginia/Pennsylnia border on the way home. Yesterday was great on the bay, nice breeze and plenty of sunshine for the day. This morning we left for Pennsylvania and the dealer to fix the valve. Spent two hours at the dealer only to find out that the problem wasn't the valve but faulty sensors that said the tank was not empty when it actually was. We are now in a campground near Carlisle - the "Western Village". crowded place, nice site but I had a melt down trying to level the camper. I could get the front or the right side leveled but not both at the same time. I finally got it as good as possible but not until after I blew all the good patience credit I had earned over the past week.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Only one melt down so far? I am proud of you! :)